Friday, June 17, 2016

Happy Father's Day & a TeaTime Winner


"Blessed indeed is the man who hears many gentle voices call him father!" ~ Lydia M. Child



I hope you will enjoy a blessed weekend honoring the special men in your life. Along with my husband, who has had a rough summer recovering from surgery for a broken leg, we will also be taking time out to honor my father, Joe's dad, and my grandfather. How blessed we are to have each one!


Thank you for the lovely comments you shared regarding the TeaTime feature that was photographed in our home for the July/August 2016 issue. The magazine staff did a beautiful job creating a menu and tablescape for "Lavender & Lace Tea," and it has been a special thrill to see their images in print. Congratulations to Michele, from The Nest at Finch Rest, for winning a complimentary subscription -- beginning with this current issue.


I took the photograph above last weekend during a quick girls getaway to The Grand Hotel, in Point Clear, Ala. While Joe and the boys headed north for a varsity wrestling camp in Ohio, we girls went south for a slightly less intense vacation experience. One of the highlights for me was getting to use my camera, so look for several posts from me over the next couple of weeks.


Happy Father's Day!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin